Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:35:22 -0500
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_Leclerc?= <fleclerc@gmail.com>
To:        Robert Noland <rnoland@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg crashes and reboots my computer

Hi Robert,

I just installed FreeBSD yesterday. Installed the new world this morning. I
too thought my installation was at fault. This is why I reinstalled (I
didn't do a lot on the system, only configuring the firewall, so it is
rather inexpensive to reinstall thought I would like to get over it and
start actually using the system!)

I would think that the version of Xorg installed by "portinstall -P xorg" i=
the latest. This is the one suggesting radeonhd as the driver. Things seem
to be "better" when I use radeonhd with this version althought my system
crashes anyway. I will see if I can provide a Xorg.0.log file. If I
remember, I had something wrong in there: "Failed to change owner or group
for file /dev/dri! 2: No such file or directory".

My ports tree was checked out from cvsup1.freebsd.org yesterday.

Fran=E7ois.