Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 21:22:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        james@nexis.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Perl5 ports - how to name.

 * So, the above module's PKGNAME would be perl5:Time::CTime.  It looks ugly,
 * but with the possibilty of 100+ ports, they need to be sectioned off
 * somehow .  Making a new directory for them is out, so this is the next
 * best thing.

Well if you are really going to import 100+ ports, we should probably
think about a separate directory.  If for nothing else than to remove
the "perl5" prefix from the subdirectory names. ;)

That won't really change anything about the PKGNAME though, there are
some places that all ports are listed together.

How about "perl5-Time-CTime"?  I have nothing against colons
personally, but I'm not sure if the same can be said about all the
utilities lying out there.  Also I'm trying to standardize the
PKGNAMEs, and connecting components with dashes is already sort of
standard ("jp-mh-6.8.3", etc.).

Satoshi