Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 08:35:08 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "Boyd R. Faulkner" <faulkner@asgard.hos.net>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Has anyone managed to get StarOffice going?

Hi

I get the same mous-freezes that Boyd does. The pointer moves, but it never
changes shape, and clicks are ignored.

A fix is to go to a virtual console and kill swriter3. The app does not
die; when I come back to the graphical screen, there is an OK box with
the message "cannot exit now, wait until OLE nad background printing
are finished". (Words are paraphrased and inaccurate).

Printing does not work for me. The machine takes a _hell_ of a long time,
beeps once or twice, says it is printing, but nothing happens.

My machine is a 486DX50 with 16MB of ram, and it swaps like nobody's
business when StarOffice apps run. (I'm sure the fact that I have SCSI
disks help!)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997 22:41:20 -0700 , Amancio Hasty wrote:
>  Can you tell us which version of XFree86 are you using and the make and
>  model of your vga card?

I am using X11r6.1 (3.2 of Xfree86) compiled myself on March 31. My video
card is an ordinary ET4000 with 1MB of VRAM and running in 8-bit mode. I
am using the static version (the port) on top of ctwm.

--
Mark Murray                PGP key fingerprint = 80 36 6E 40 83 D6 8A 36
This .sig is umop ap!sdn.                        BC 06 EA 0E 7A F2 CE CE