Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:16:44 +0200
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg-server anyone?

On Saturday 11 of September 2004 20:00, Marius Strobl wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 12:27:51PM +0200, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> > Does switching between those two result in any difference?
>
> No. With an unchanged xorg-server-6.7.0_7 Sun keyboards work with
> neither of the two keyboard drivers under FreeBSD. With my patch for
> f86Events.c the old one works but the new one still doesn't (sort of
> expected from the code). Ok, I now completely don't understand why
> the old driver did work in XFree, i.e. why the old patch for
> f86Events.c was sufficient.

Ah, I see now. The check for __linux__ was added to checks for __sparc__ in
between xfree 4.3 and xfree 4.4/xorg 6.7. See
http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Events.c.diff?r1=3.146%3Axf-4_3_0&tr1=1.1&r2=3.160%3Axf-4_4_0&tr2=3.163&diff_format=h
(apologies for the long line).

Dejan