Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:15:26 -0700
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@eurocontrol.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New option for newfs

> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:41:30 -0700
> From: "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
> To: Ollivier Robert <roberto@eurocontrol.fr>
> Cc: freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: New option for newfs
>
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 06:14:23PM +0200, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> > Proposal: a new option ('-M') that says: ignore -c if present, calculate
> > the maxcpg allowed for the given argument to newfs and use that.
>
> I like the general idea, but not adding another option (especially one
> that says to ignore another one).  What about chaning -c to accept 0 or
> -1 and to use the largest maxcpg value possible.

I like the idea, but also do not like the implementation.
I would propose an even simpler change. If -c is not specified,
have it select the maximum possible rather than the current
default value of 22. Users that do not want the maximum possible
can over-ride that default by using -c.

	Kirk McKusick