Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 1995 12:59:49 +0500 (GMT+0500)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        sos@freebsd.org
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, ache@astral.msk.su, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SYSCONS PROBLEM IDENTIFIED

> [much deleted]
>
> > A full SCO console emulation will include 10m, 11m, and 12m for character
> > set selection as well.
>
> Hmm, do you have a "machine readable" version of the latest SCO
> console specs ? Mine went away with our last 3.2.2 system
> here at work :(
>
> If I can get my hands on the docs for the SCO console, I'll change
> syscons accordingly (We do claim SCO compat right)...
>
> Also is there a specification of the Linux console (bisides
> reading the code) I'd like to know, It might come in usefull
> for my next little project..

I can send you the result of 'man HW screen' which is the description
of SCO console. BTW 5 years ago I have implemented the SCO console sequences
interpreter. It may be a bit ughly and contain minor bugs but it
implements most of SCO Unix and Xenix sequences (yes, they are completely
different in SCO Unix and Xenix). So may be it can be useful for you.

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia