Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 14:52:42 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        Khanh Nguyen <nguyenpk@kuci.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tape Backup

Khanh Nguyen writes:

> 	Does FBSD-2.2.2-REL support Hewlett Packard Colorado T3000 tape
> backup devices?  If so, has anyone configured the kernel to use this?  And
> if yes, can you send me the copy of the kernel config?

	We're talking about the Travan SCSI HP/Colorado, right ?
	There was some talk about this drive some time ago, and IIRC,
	it has a problem with tape locking or something like it (i.e.:
	the Travan doesn't support it, and any operations to access the
	drive fail miserably).  Last time I checked the archives, no
	no patch is available.  Maybe check the Linux code (don't know
	if they support it).

--
                                                              -- Phil

-[ Philippe Regnauld  /  Systems Administrator  /  regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk ]-