Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Edward Hirsel <edward_a_hirsel@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is ACPI v3 support available or planned for FreeBSD 7-stable or 8-release?

=A0 I have a Dell Inspiron 1526 laptop.=A0=A0 It has 2 AMD Turion 64 TL-62
processors.=A0 Is ACPI v3 support going to be enabled on a future freebsd7-=
stable or 8-release ?=A0 =20
=A0 The reason I ask=A0 is that I can load openbsd 4.3 i386 on it;
even though it only the UP version loads, when I set the processor in the
lowest powernow run state (the apm driver refers to it as cool perf mode),
the battery can last approx 3 hrs.=A0 The amd64 version of openbsd 4.3 with
the=A0 MP version loads and behaves the same way.

However pcbsd7 alpha (and freebsd v7 realease, as well as pcbsd1.5/freebsd =
6.3) only
reports a max battery life of about one and a half hours.=A0 Is this an acp=
issue, or is it something else, such as a powernow driver issue.=A0 With Op=
enBSD there is support for powernow K8, which I think K8 means athalon/turi=
on 64bit processors.

I can help test out changes to acpi, if needed, with reagrds to amd64 turio=
n processors, as I have a Toshiba Satallite A215 model as well as the Dell =
1526.

Regards,

Edward A. Hirsel

=0A=0A=0A