Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:02:29 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD and Verizon DSL

Hey folks.  I have a quick question about hooking up a FreeBSD box to
Verizon DSL.

My machine is already up on an AT&T Broadband modem, and works fairly
smoothly with their DHCP server.  I understand that Verizon will also
be putting me on DHCP, so I'll probably need to tweak some there.

Staying with AT&T isn't an option right now, because I'm moving to an
area where AT&T doesn't yet have their network upgraded to digital
tech.

I understand there is a registration process that will have to be done
with the Windoze box, but then I hope to put the REAL machine up front
on the DHCP connection.

My modem comes tomorrow, and I'm hooking up on Saturday.  Does anyone
have any caveats for the process?  Any experience you have would be
helpful.

Thanks
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

ink, n.:
  A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic, and water,
  chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote
  intellectual crime.
    -- H.L. Mencken