Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 1996 23:20:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        grog@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting disk sector size?

As I wrote:

> As Greg Lehey wrote:
>
> >   Unfortunately, 'scsi -f
> > /dev/rsd0.ctl -m 3 -P 3 -e' gives me a blank file to edit.
>
> Bad luck then.  This means there are no editable fields at all on this
> mode page.  (scsi -e only offers you those fields that are marked as
> writable by the device.)

Thinking more about it, and reading in the specs, this sounds logical.
You _might_ however be able to modify the current setting of the
physical block size, but in order to get the new block size in effect,
you have to reformat.  (The SCSI-2 specs explicitly allow this, and it
seems to be useful.)

--
cheers, J"org