Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 11:05:02 -0700
From:      "Jin Guojun[ITG]" <jin@george.lbl.gov>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ASUS P/I-P65UP5 + C-P55T2D dual Pentium MB

Has any one successfully installed FreeBSD on an ASUS P/I-P65UP5 dual Pentium
motherboard with C-P55T2D (two 200 MHz Pentium CPU) daughter board?

I had a memory problem on this motherboard. The same memory was used for
ASUS P/I-P55TVP4 and TX97-E single Pentium 200 MHz CPU motherboards without
any problem. They are 60 ns non-parity SIMM.
However, the same hareware with just a different motherboard, the page fault
occurred when system swithed to VM mode during the installation; that is,
when installation passed all probing and switched to graphic installation
menu.
Does this imply I have a defective motherboard? or are some special
setup required for VM start up?
More info., this motherboard does not work for other UN*X system either.

Any help and information will be appreciated.

-Jin