Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 1997 18:13:56 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de
Cc:        john@jwlab.feith.COM, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Updated support for Ensoniq SoundScape Elite or VIVO in FreeBSD-3.0

> >I see that some of the sound drivers are being updated (i.e. GUS and SB) ...
> >is there any work being done on the Ensoniq drivers?  Is the SoundScape Elite
> >currently considered to be "supported"?  Any chance of the VIVO (which is PnP)
> >being supported in the future?
>
> I don't think so. However, I own a SS elite that isn't even recognized
> in Soundblaster emulation by FreeBSD and I'd like to change that.
>
> Is anyone on this list who has programming information on the
> Soundscape? Maybe even something for the effects section of the elite?

for sure I am not working on the effect section, I guess your best chance
is to try out OSS. For the audio part, care to tell which driver did
not work for you, the one in the source tree, Amancio's driver (guspnp)
or mine (snd97XXXX.tgz) ?

Not having the cards, we need to know:
- what they are supposed to emulate;
- what chipset they use;
- if they are PnP, the output from pnpinfo.

	Cheers
	Luigi