Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 1997 08:52:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Thad Smith <tsmith@sig.net>
To:        xiyuan qian <xiyuan@npc.haplink.com.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A question with IBM PC 520

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, xiyuan qian wrote:

> Hi, Would you please do me a favior to tell me whether FreeBSD2.2 can run on
> IBM PC Server 520. When I installed the Freebsd2.2 box in my IBM PC Server 320,
> all worked very well, but when I setup the same hard disk to my PC Server520,
> it always showed me " read error" message or "no operator system". Why?

Sounds like it's might not be recognizing the harddrive. Go into your cmos
on startup and make sure it has the right harddrive (auto detect works
great on most PC's). Also, make sure that the hd is on the first ide
interface.

Good Luck,

Thad

> Best regaurds!
>
> --xiyuan

 Thad Smith                                         tsmith@sig.net
 Technical Support                                helpdesk@sig.net
 SigNet Partners Inc.                           http://www.sig.net
 512.306.0700               800.396.5158         fax: 512.306.0702
 Tell us what you think;  use the reply form at the address above!