Date:      Mon, 04 Mar 2002 20:41:09 -0700
From:      "Jan L. Peterson" <jlp@softhome.net>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: crashes on 4.5-RELEASE

Yeah, this is the same machine.  Actually, I have tried two different
boxes (same kind of machine... HP Omnibook 6000).  I have also swapped
RAM (since RAM problems are often the culprit in these kinds of cases).

It was crashing in the xl driver pretty consistently.  I could get it
to crash in five minutes or less by nfs mounting a filesystem
containing /usr/ports and trying to make the instant-workstation port.

So this morning, I turned on INVARIANTS and INVARIANT_SUPPORT, rebuilt
my kernel, rebooted, and kicked off the make.  It was still running six
hours later, no crash.

I kicked off a buildworld tonight of -STABLE checked out a day or so
ago...  I'll apply your patch to uipc_socket.c, turn off INVARIANTS,
and see if I can still get it to crash.  Wish me luck.

	-jan-
--
Jan L. Peterson
<jlp@softhome.net>