Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 15:35:39 -0500
From:      Simon de Boer <inquire@WebSorcery.com>
To:        andreas@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: postgresql-6.2.1

Hello!

I am having problems with the postgresql-6.2.1 port.   After proceeding
through the install process as per usual on ports after initdb has been
run (and worked) the postmaster process will not start.

Upon running postmaster it returns the error 'Bad system call (core
dumped)', this happens with or without the -S argument.  Now I have
tried running postgres and can connect in that fashion, creating tables
and databases, but I of course need the functionality of the backend.
Normally I would  attempt to track down the problem myself, but this is
such an unspecific error that I would not even know where to begin with
this package.

Other information that my be useful for you to know:
2.2.2-RELEASE FreeBSD  (Off of the walnut creek CDROM)
Pentium 90

I am willing to help in whatever way I can...as well as providing
further information, of course.

Thanks for any help.
Simon