Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:41:57 -0500
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape mail again

Mike Meyer wrote:

> What I'd like to know is where it gets the "earthlink.net" domain name
> from.

I guess I didn't do a very good job of explaining this.  Right this minute I am in a
hotel room connected to the internet through ISP (earthlink.net).  My laptop username
is (jim),  however (jim) is not my Earthlink login.  What happens is, Netscape picks
up my machine username and attaches it to the domain name of my outgoing SMTP server.
This results in jim@earthlink.net.  Not Correct!!

Suppose my Earthlink login name is (fuzzyduck).   The way I look at it, the Sender:
field should be fuzzyduck@earthlink.net.  As I said, this would solve the problem
since fuzzyduck@earthlink.net would be a valid email address.

--
Jim Weeks