Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:47:49 -0700
From:      Peter Losher <plosher-keyword-freebsd.a36e57@plosh.net>
To:        Andrew Li <andrew.li@ac3.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 'make release' questions...

--------------enig3C5F752B66E1BE70D69E577B

Andrew Li wrote:

>> First, is there any way to instruct 'make release' to just build certa=
in
>> packages (and their dependencies) for inclusion in the release instead=

>> of a blanket NOPORTS?  There's no need for us spend two/three days
>=20
>>From my experience with playing with make release, you can do it.
> First build your packages with "make package" or "pkg_create" to get a =

> package tarball. Then put the packages into your_path/release/R/cdrom/d=
isc1
> into a directory call "packages". Create the package directory structur=
e,
> like packages/All, packages/your_package_category, ...=20

O.k. did that (and generated a new INDEX file using scrubindex.pl)
However in sysinstall, after selecting the packages and selecting
"Install" it remarks that:

"This is disc 1. Package $package_name is on Disc 0. Would you like to
switch discs now?"

Disk 0?

> After that, modify the INDEX file so it only contain your packages=20
> (plus dependencies). Then run mkisomages.sh to create your ISO.

So I have used scrubindex.pl to generate a INDEX of just our packages,
however, I have to generate a new master INDEX-6 file to account for the
fact that we build our packages w/o x11 support and with GSSAPI. (so
scrubindex.pl can then strip the rest out)

However after a 'make index' things like mtr-nox11 are included into
INDEX-6, but not openssh-gssapi?  The only difference is that the
-gssapi moniker is declared as a GSSAPI_SUFFIX make varaible vs. the
normal PKGNAMESUFFIX.

I'll send a version of this email to ports@ to get their input.

> That's all from memory, may contain rough edges, hope it helps anyway.

Thanks... The base release is done, it's just the pesky frills that take
forever to resolve... :)

Best Wishes - Peter