Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 1998 07:57:47 -0500
From:      Tony Ardolino <tony@netcon.com>
To:        Cam Johnson <cam@solidsys.com>
Cc:        Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, Jim Cassata <jim@web-ex.com>, FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Netware client for FreeBSD]

Hello,
Ok! OK! My name is Tony Ardolino and I own NetCon along Frank Whitsell, we have
been considering release NetCon to the FreeBSD community for a long time. Can
someone referrer me to a license that would allow the following;
1.) Free distribution for non-commerical use only.
2.) A enhancements must be returned to FreeBSD.
3.) Commerical  use or Resale requires a license from NetCon Corp.
4.)  NetCon Corp. will always own NetCon Software and all clanges.
5.) Cannot be ported to any other platform Like SCO, or Sun.
I also need a committment from a group of people to keep NetCon updated with the
changes in NetWare and Freebsd (About a month a year). We will train and support
all who are intreasted.
Get me this and you will get NetWare for FreeBSD.

Tony Ardolino
President
NetCon Corporation

Cam Johnson wrote:

> FYI
>
> Cam

> Subject: Re: Netware client for FreeBSD
> Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 08:27:11 +0600 (ALMT)
> From: Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
> To: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
> CC: Jim Cassata <jim@web-ex.com>,FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
>
>  On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
> > > This is extremely important for all of us FreeBSD proponents out there!
> > > Caldera has the right idea, because it is their bundling of Netware
> > > services with their Linux distribution that incents MIS people to
> >
> > They can do this because they have an agreement with Novell to do so.
>         But Mars_nwe was written by Martin Stover from scratch.
> >
> > > introduce a new OS into their environment.  Just about all of our
> > > customers are Netware environments, and it is precisely this lack of a
> > > Netware client or integration into NDS that usually halts any FreeBSD box
> > > from being introduced.  Just look at what is happening in our industyr
> >
> > That's just silly.  The netcon product has been out for *3 years* now
> > and delivers more than adequate Netware client, server and IPX gateway
> > functionality at a reasonable price.  It has been on our commercial
> > software pages and in the commerce distribution since almost day one as
> > well so nobody can say we didn't publicise it as an option.
>
>         Yes, price is reasonable, but some peoples and organizations
> still can't by it. In addition, netcon product does not support (at least
> for now) FreeBSD 3.0 and miss some functions in server implementation.
>         In general, FreeBSD need some improvements to IPX stack and
> routing daemon (I wrote about that to Jhon Hay).
>
> --
> Boris Popov

Tony Ardolino
President