Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 20:46:20 +0200 (EET)
From:      Yaroslav Terletsky <ts@lta.link.lviv.ua>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DIAL-UP, USR, MODEM-DEBUG: Unable to Retrain

Hi All,

Some of my Dial-UP clients has modem connection problem.
It looks like He can use Internet for hours with another ISP
and just for a couple of minutes with me, while other my clients
can use Internet just fine.

On a Dial-UP server I have a USR Sportser 14400 FAX modem,
which for the sake of God has an ATI6 and can show Link Diagnostic.

My question is - What can this diagnostic message mean: "Disconnect Reason
is Unable to Retrain" ?

Also, there are such values: {
	Retrains requested:	3
	Retrains granted:	0
	Line reversals:		0
	Line timeouts:		0
	Blers:			132
	Link Naks:		4
}

I have not found anything on Retraining in the manual.
Maybe someone knows what if possible at all can I change
(some S registers, etc) in the modem configuration to make it retrain.

I'll be very grateful for any help.
Thanks.

Yaroslav Terletsky.