Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:57:37 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Knobs in /etc/sysconfig

 * > 	if [ -d /etc/rc.local.d ]; then
 * > 		for script in /etc/rc.local.d/*.sh; do
 * > 			[ -x $script ] && $script start
 * > 		done
 * > 	fi

 * I can live with that..  I read Satoshi's "all singing, all dancing"
 * proposal and have to say that this mechanism looks more reasonable,
 * albeit less flexible.  I'm usually all for flexibility, but it's
 * possible to take it too far (like I did with bsd.port.mk :-).

This isn't any different from my proposal as far as I can tell, except
that everything gets started in one chunk.  If there is one place in
the bootup sequence that we can reliably start all the ports stuff,
that's all fine for me.

Satoshi