Date:      Sun, 13 Jun 1999 11:46:02 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        matt@dqc.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hauppauge audio (was no sound with fxtv)

Matt.
Some people have reported the Hauppauge with MSP3430 not working
for the audio.

(Some people have it working just fine.)

So, do not worry. We are working on a fix.

To check that the audio will work, you need to edit brooktree848.c and
look for the msp_autodetect() function.
Change this line
   /* msp_write(bktr, 0x12, 0x0014, 0x7f40); */
   msp_write(bktr, 0x12, 0x0014, 0x7f40);

This will make the MSP chip generate a test tone.
Rebuild the kernel and reboot. Start FXTV as normal.

Let me know if you can hear the test tone on your speakers

Bye
Roger