Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:25:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Geury Peralta <gungoo@chulocentral.com>
To:        <freebsd-question@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sound and pcm

I look through the support and couldn't quite fix it.  I'm having the following problem setting up my sound card.
I added:
-->device pcm
to the kernel and compiled.  Looking through dmesg, I get this:
-->pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1373-B> port 0xdc00-0xdc3f irq 9 at device 9.0 on pci0
-->pcm0: AC97 reset timed out.pcm0: ac97 codec invalid or not present (id == 0)
-->device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6
checking /dev/sndstat, I get this:
-->FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
-->Installed devices:
Following the guide from the handbook, this message translate to:
-->The I/O port is not set correctly.
So I have no mixer or anything else,
where do I fix this problem?