Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 22:46:03 +0930 (CST)
From:      james <wabit@adl.ussr.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tcp wrappers under freebsd 4.0 release

Howdy,

I'm trying to get tcpd working, I go to /usr/ports/security/tcp_wrappers/
and type make, and get the following;

===>  tcp_wrappers-7.6 is forbidden: tcp_wrappers is in the base system.

I found the example inetd.conf
(/usr/ports/security/tcp_wrapper/files/inetd.conf.wrapped.sample), but
this refers to a file (/usr/local/libexec/tcpd) which doesn't
exist.... how do I find this file (seeing that it is meant to be installed
in the base system)

any assistance would be gratefully received !! :-)

regards

james

--
         |          James            |