Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 2009 08:35:04 +0100 (BST)
From:      Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
To:        "Mikhail T\." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: per-user directories for obexapp-server

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Mikhail T. wrote:

> I was able to set up the Bluetooth-server on my main machine, but all of
> the pushed files (Object Pushed) end up in the same root-only
> directory... Is there, perhaps, a way to specify a different directory
> for each device-ID (bdaddr)?

One trouble with bluetooth is that there is no finer identification than
'device id', so a multi-user system ends up allowing access by any user to
all known devices. This could likely be worked out, I had some ideas about
passing credentials around in the kernel to enable marking baseband links
as private, and having link keys stored in users home directories but I'm
not sure the effort required would be worth it as most systems (with
bluetooth) are single-concurrent-user anyway.

In the meantime I would suggest something like having a ttyaction(5)
mechanism to arrange something like

  mount -t null -o mount /var/obex ${HOME}/obex

for the user logged in on the console, so that incoming files are stored
the logged in users directory (or /var/obex if nobody is logged in at the
console).

iain