Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:58:13 -0600
From:      Andre Goree <andre@drenet.info>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   libutempter

I recently csup'd 9-STABLE and was able to get it working along with my
custom kernel.  I'm now in the process of rebuilding all my ports, and I've
come across something when running 'portmaster -af' that I can't seem to
find any information on.

===>>> Launching child to reinstall libutempter-1.1.5_1

===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/sysutils/libutempter

        ===>>> This port is marked IGNORE
        ===>>> is now contained in the base system

        ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
               IGNORE line in the Makefile and try again.

===>>> Update for libutempter-1.1.5_1 failed
===>>> Aborting update

Terminated

I figure, "ok I'll just delete the package and move on."  However, there
are many packages I have installed that depend on libutemper.  I would
still just proceed with the removal given that the functionality is
provided in base now, however I don't want to break all these ports and
have to deal with the mess when I portmaster -af again.

What is the recommended action here?  Should I just force exclude that port
from the upgrade?  That's probably the easiest way but I'd have to deal
with this at some point.

Thanks in advance for any advice

--
Andre Goree