Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:33:27 +1000
From:      Gemma Fletcher <slvhwke@optusnet.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDE 3.5 Crashing

Edit: Resending as having problems with my mail.  If it pops up twice then
apologies :)

Hi list :)

Installed BSD 6.2 a few days ago and am totally new to it all.  I installed
KDE 3.5 and it was working nicely until it just....stopped.

No obvious crash - it just froze.  Had to reboot the system with the reset
button as no other method was working.

So I thought  it might be my sound <since it wasn't configured> and I had read
a few things that said that sometimes caused KDE to crash.  Also disabled a
few buggy plugins and what not and still it keeps on freezing on me.

The annoying thing is its totally random - It could be running for several
hours before it freezes; and sometimes it freezes the moment I log on.  Its
frozen at last count 7 times today and I ended up having to do a some random
hardrive check as boot up was starting to fail and logging me in as single
mode user only.

Anyway - to get to the point; is there a log somewhere that I can check out in
console mode <which incidently never crashes> that might help me pinpoint the
problem?

Thanks in advance,
Gemma