Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:33:25 +0000
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        "Christopher T. Griffiths" <cgriffiths@quansoo.com>
Cc:        Dave Rideout <drideout@quansoo.com>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Printing

"Christopher T. Griffiths" wrote:

> I believe what he meant to ask was how to stop blank pages from being
> printed from a windows machine to a samba shared printer on a freebsd 3.3
> stable server.  Here is the config:

	That's exactly where I came across this problem also.  If you look at
the config file for Samba there is a line that tells it what command to
use when sending a print job.  I believe the default looks like :

lpr -r -P%p %s

	I then changed mine to look like :

lpr -rh -P%p %s
      ^
	adding the h option stopped the extra page at the end printing.  From
the man page for lpr(1) :

     -h      Suppress the printing of the burst page.

	Assuming that is what was refered to then the -h should do the trick.

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu