Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:08:11 -0600
From:      "Dan Dockery" <danarchy@endeneu.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Adaptec Ethernet cards...

Does FreeBSD currently support any 64-bit PCI cards?  Adaptec has a
trade-in deal running currently on some multi-port ethernet adapters
(trade in any 32-bit PCI 10/100 NIC and receive a single-port 64-bit
10/100 Adaptec NIC - which will also work in a 32-bit slot,
apparently).  The reason I ask is that they have some multi-port 10/100
NIC's as well, and one of the companies for whom I work is thinking of
purchasing one for our firewall machine (to replace the 3 PCI 10/100
cards and 1 ISA 10 mbps card), but I'd rather wait to find out if it'll
even work.
I presume that as long as the basic support for the AIC 6915 series
chips they're using is present, the multiple-port cards should work too
- probably just recognized as like ai0-3?

Could anyone get me any info. on this?

Thanks.
-Dan