Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 1999 23:08:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        miy <miyako@sakr.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading to 3.3 release

A couple of possibilities.

1) When in /stand/sysinstall, you don't go to the options menu
and enter 3.3-RELEASE in the location for the release that you
want.  So you get what's already there, which is probably
3.2-RELEASE; so you've been "upgrading" to the release you
already have installed.

2) Your upgrade is okay but you have two sets of sources, and
you're building your kernel from an old set.  (People have
actually done this....)

The file that holds the version info will be in
/usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh, I think.  It should say 3.3 if
you've gotten the right stuff.

	Annelise