Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:57:32 +0100
From:      "Jonathan Belson" <jonb@innovision-group.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   [Q] ports, configure and environmental variables

Hiya

I've run into a problem with a KDE program for which I'm trying to make
a port.  After running configure and creating the makefiles, it then
reruns aclocal, automake and autoconf, then reruns the new configure
script.

Since this time it doesn't have CONFIGURE_ENVs set, the script fails since
it can't find '-lqt', 'moc' etc.  If I define $MOC and $LIBQT from the
shell before starting the make process, everything works fine.

Is there an approved way to define ENVs in a port?  The alternative is
to patch the projects build scripts, but I'd rather go for the simpler
approach first.

--
C-YA
Jon