Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 14:05:15 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Evan Champion <evanc@synapse.net>
Cc:        spork <spork@super-g.com>, Edwin Culp <eculp@mexcom.net>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Way to _not_ build something in make world?

> On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, spork wrote:
>
> > Copy "Makefile" to "makefile" and cvsup won't touch it, and make reads the
> > lower-case one first...
>
> Well, I have cvsup running in delete mode, so unless I specifically told
> it to leave the file alone, it's just going to nuke the makefile.  I guess
> there isn't really a good way of doing this that doesn't smell of hack in
> one way or another.

???  Am I missing something here ?

Cvsup doesn't touch /usr/src, just ~cvs or whereever.  It's the `cvs
co ...' that updates your /usr/src files, and, certainly on my
machine, it won't nuke any of my local changes :-|  I just search
through the ``cvs co'' output for "^M " when I want to see what I've
changed locally, and "^\? " when I want to see what I've added.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;