Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 05:52:19 -0400
From:      "Thimble Smith" <tim@mysql.com>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MySQL mysterious CoreDump after 2 years without problems!!

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 08:30:55AM +1000, Danny wrote:
> Couple of days ago when I try to boot up the intranet
> webserver, samba I get this mysql core dump. After since I
> installed mysql during the release of FBSD 2.2.7

Danny, it's hard to say what the problem is.  Just the error
message that it core dumped doesn't give any extra info.  :(

If MySQL core dumps regularly, maybe it's a bug in the version
of MySQL you're using (for example, some queries might make it
core dump).  In this case, upgrade to the latest version of
MySQL and things should be fine.

It might be hardware is starting to go bad, and this is the first
sign.

It might be that your MySQL tables have become corrupted somehow,
and need to be repaired (see the MySQL manual on how to repair
tables with the isamchk utility - but check them first to make
sure they're really corrupted).

Etc.  If you find any more information, let us know.

Tim
--
Tim Smith   < tim@mysql.com >  :MySQL Development Team:  Boone, NC  USA.