Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 08:43:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rich Fox <rich@f2sys.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RTP-RTSP + IPAliasing problems, (Quicktime 4)

Hi,

I have two machines performing IP aliasing for two separate groups of
machines. One box is running FreeBSD 2.7 and the other FreeBSD 3.1, both
are running with IPFW, but for these tests it was wide open.

The problem is that I can't seem to connect to any servers that are
serving Quicktime Streaming Media (Quicktime 4). QT4 utilizes rtp & rtsp
for handling it's streams.

The connection seems to initiate ok, but the player never gets to the
'buffering' stage. It invariably offers a "Server too busy" error. I have
been trying to connect to any number of different servers.
I have connected directly (dial-up from my Mac) and been able to receive
the stream so it appears to be something misconfigured or incompatible on
the FreeBSD box.

Rich.