Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:23:41 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        webmaster@wmptl.com, bwoods2@uswest.net, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Here is what IBM thinks about using FreeBSD on their newer Thinkpads

> > 3) I have FreeBSD running fine on my Thinkpad 600E
> >    and have had it there for the last year.
>
> As I recall, the 600E's modem doesn't work with FreeBSD, and
> power management doesn't work.

Power managements works fine.  The DSP chip doesn't work with FreeBSD
though.  (And, for what it's worth, my 'external' modem is so much
faster than the built-in DSP/modem that I wouldn't even consider using
it under Windows in any case.)

However, I *am* disappointed with IBM, and will making a stink with our
IM folks at Nokia to see if they can make a stink with IBM about this
issue.

Nate