Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 2014 16:15:41 -0300
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?fran=C3=A7ai_s?= <romapera15@gmail.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exist university that teaches that is necessary coding in Assembly?

> On Oct 21, 2014, at 10:57 AM, fran=C3=A7ai s <romapera15@gmail.com> wrote=
:
>> Is true that very few people write directly in Assembly?
>
> Yes. People do it only when necessary. And the cases where it is necessar=
> have dwindled as the compiler technology has improved over the years.
> Now people usually just need to do it to access special bits of the machi=
ne
> that aren=E2=80=99t accessible via normal C. And even then, the trend has=
 been to
> create inline functions callable from C that produce the right generated
> code
> with the users of those functions having to know or care they are in
> assembler.
>
> There are also some rare occasions where people write directly in hex
> because the op-codes aren=E2=80=99t in the assembler that they are using =
and they
> need that functionality. Rare, but it does happen sometimes in the deep,
> machine-speicifc bowls of the kernel.
>
>> Exist university that teaches that is necessary coding in Assembly?
>
> It has been a few years since I was in school, but when I went to school,
> people at the time said that assembler coding was rarely needed. That sai=
d,
> we had a crash course in assembler so that we could write an assembler fo=
> the VAX 11/750 running 4.2BSD as part of our course in C to teach us how
> the computer worked.
>
> Over the years I=E2=80=99ve picked up other assemblers by reading the rel=
evant
> architectural
> definition manuals, gas (and other) assembler documentation and through m=
uch
> trial
> and especially error.
>
> Warner

Dear Warner,

Thanks to you because you have answered the most of the questions I
wanted that you to answer

Please, answer this:

What is the university of computer in that you studied that  teaches
that  is necessary coding in Assembly?

What are the countries in that they exist  , if you can not
speak the names of all countries, please tell only examples.

I want to have complete knowledge about binary coding and Assembly, I
do not want to learn binary coding and Assembly of the same way that
the peoples the says that nobody writes directly in binary.