Date:      01 May 2002 10:14:51 -0700
From:      peter moody <peter@famndamily.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   proliant 1850R smart array

Hello,
I've been tasked with installing either freebsd or netbsd on a compaq
proliant 1850R (two really).  I'd prefer FreeBSD as I have a little more
experience with it.  The problem I have is this.
They have somewhat of an odd configuration.

In their current setup (with unixware 7.1), these two machines "share" a
raid unit.  The raid controller is a smart card, which I see from the
hcl is supported.  My question is, is it possible to set two installs of
freebsd up so that they can share the same raid disk?  They are to be
part of a crazy database cluster.  If so, is there documentation on
this?

If this should be posted to -hardware, or -scsi (or any other list),
please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

-Peter