Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 20:41:09 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hardware list

This isn't really an unusual configuration (same as yours?), but it works
like a dream, so much so that I've 'requesitioned' it for 'destruction
testing'. Aka playing quake with linux compatibility.

> ------------------------------------ cut --------------------------------------
> Make/Model of motherboard:

Gigabyte GA 586 DX, Rev. 3B

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/

> SMP kernel works [yes/no]:

yes
> APIC_IO works [yes/no]:

yes

> Special #defines/options needed:

none used, works fine.

> Comments:

got some more information and the output from "hint" on the machine
which is at:
http://wakko.visint.co.uk/

I'm still not sure why my P166 desktop machine beats the pants off it on
this hint test though ?

--
Steve Roome
Technical Systems Manager, Vision Interactive Ltd.