Date:      Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:45:49 -0700
From:      Victor Gregorio <victor@opsource.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IrDA on IBM R40

I have been meaning to post my solution for a while now. Brent from the
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list helped me with the birda
command.

The command that worked for me is:

/usr/local/bin/irs -d /dev/cuaa1 -y /dev/ptypv -c -e

I can then connect via serial device /dev/ttypv at a rate of 115200.

Regards,
Victor