Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:58:38 +0200
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <me@privacy.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/115428: multimedia/ffmpeg & multimedia/vlc: fix ffmpeg support in VLC

eculp@encontacto.net wrote:

>    VLC probably does not support the "samr" audio or video format.
>    Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.
>
> error that I am seeing with vlc-devel.
>
> This is using youtube's new 3gp site:
>
>   vlc rtsp://rtsp.youtube.com/youtube/videos/BF0wGd2kn0k/video.3gp?w=yes
>
> and after the ffmpeg upgrade.

This is AMR? It would be nice to have it in mpeg4ip as well. A certain
option in the ffmpeg configure on Linux and some manual download of the
3GP stuff that has to be added to the source files, not so easy to port.

IMHO they are H.263/AMR and can be displayed with the Linux-Realplayer
very well.

See also http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs106/youtube.mxu for a
video/vnd.mpegurl playlist, m3u is hardcoded in VLC, get Opera, and
http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs106/youtube.ram ;-)

H.