Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 2002 14:49:42 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone having problems with phoenix on 5.0? [Solved]

On 16 Dec 2002 19:26:10 -0500

Hi!

> > Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkwindow.c: line 1440
> > (gdk_window_get_colormap): assertion `window_private->window_type !=
> > GDK_WINDOW_PIXMAP' failed.
> >
> > Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkcolor.c: line 498 (gdk_color_white):
> > assertion`colormap != NULL' failed.

I finally have found the cause of the random crashes. After giving up on
phoenix, I've rebuilt moz with Xft, and have encountered exactly the
same error. So I've added a new user, and tested moz, worked find. To
make it short, I've found that my gtk theme and these apps don't like
each other, removing my .gtkrc fixed it. If you're curious, the
offending theme is /usr/X11R6/share/themes/XenoStep_Classic/gtk/gtkrc

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt