Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 06:08:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Michael J. Madio" <mmadio@yahoo.com>
To:        Andrew Ryder <aryder@bestweb.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tape Drive

Andrew,

I have used some of the new HP Travan drives with that particular SCSI
adapter.  They are slower than DAT drives, but are siginificantly
cheaper.  Because it's Travan technology, it doesn't support some
functions such as eject (you must physically remove the tape).  The
one that I used had a 4GB native capacity.

Michael

---Andrew Ryder <aryder@bestweb.net> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good SCSI tape drive (Using Adaptec 2940UW)
which
> works with current and could do 1-3 gig's per tape backup looking
more for
> the value but while keeping preformance in mind.. The "tape drive"
section
> under supported hardware looks kinda outdated.. If you can CC me it,
since
> im not on the questions list it would be appricated.
>
> Thanks

==