Date:      Sun, 22 May 2011 18:40:11 GMT
From:      Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/148777: [New Port] sysutils/qjail: Utility to deploy large number of jails quickly

The following reply was made to PR ports/148777; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org, joeb@a1poweruser.com
Subject: ports/148777: [New Port] sysutils/qjail: Utility to deploy large
 number of jails quickly
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 19:38:07 +0100

 Hi Joe,

 I understand your frustration at the port taking a while to be
 committed, but you simply can't expect things to be committed when
 advice is ignored.

 Why are you still using ${CP} when you should be using
 ${INSTALL_DATA}, and ${CP} -r when you should be using
 ${COPYTREE_SHARE}?

 Why is the DISTFILES line commented rather than removed?

 Why aren't you handling configuration files properly [1]?

 Why have you included the WRKDIR in the shar?

 Why have you _still_ not run portlint?

 Also, your mailer is messing up the shar. You're better off putting it
 up on a site somewhere, I'll be happy to host a correct shar for you
 if you email it to me as a tar.

 You will not get this committed until you've actually done it
 properly, it's as simple as that.

 Chris

 [1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/book.html#PLIST-CONFIG