Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 96 23:31:44 +0100
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD driver

 > Ah, so this looks like a READ AUDIO MSF command.  0xd8 is a READ AUDIO
 > LBA (with the exact same parameter list as 0xa8 -- READ(12)).  Can you
 > perchance test whether your drive would also grok the 0xd8 one?

I just did a test using the d8 command, and it seems to work (the drive
led flashed and I did not get any error :-))

 > (Btw., what's the `subcode' field for?)

My documentation is very short. I got it from some FAQ  a long time
ago, and I losed the original text. Now I only have a printed sheet of
paper with the following indications:
special sub code selector 0 == normal 2352, other values are 01, 02, 03
I think this is also documented elsewhere because I added some
manuscript notes: 1 -> audio data + 10 bytes Q-subcode+6 null bytes =
2368b; 2 ->audio data + all subcode data = 2448 bytes; 3-> all
subcode data (P-W) only = 96 bytes

 > --
 > cheers, J"org

 > joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE
 > Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

Jean-Marc
 Jean-Marc Zucconi       Observatoire de Besancon       F 25010 Besancon cedex
                   PGP Key: finger jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr