Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2017 21:31:14 +0200
From:      Ilya Bakulin <ilya@bakulin.de>
To:        Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BBB & IMX6 Hummingboard SDIO driver

On 21.07.17 01:08, Russell Haley wrote:

> In an effort to eliminate as many of MY errors as possible, I copied a
> BB snapshot image from July 17. Once that successfully booted and I
> had an ip address and written an echo to file, I replaced the kernel
> with a BEAGLEBONE-MMCCAM kernel. I did not see the same results as I
> did with my own image built using an older revision, so I am
> discarding my kernel panic for now. The snapshot with a
> BEAGELBONE-MMCCAM kernel (r321242) doesn't panic, but it fails to
> mount the second slice on mmcsd0s2. My complete "lots of freakin
> output" (you weren't kidding) is here: https://pastebin.com/CrWYPZtv
>
> For completeness sake I created a standard BEAGELBONE kernel and
> installed it and everything booted fine.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Russ

MMCCAM creates the device named sdda0, not mmcsd0.
To make the life easier just create a GEOM label for the mmcsd0s2 and
change /etc/fstab to mount the partition by label instead of device name.=

Then the system will do the right thing (c) no matter what MMC stack you
use.

Thank you for testing the MMCCAM-enabled kernel, I appreciate this.

--
Ilya