Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 2009 00:19:09 +0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Linda Messerschmidt <linda.messerschmidt@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Superpages on amd64 FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE

Depending upon the IPC method being used, the fork() may be followed
with calls to socket() and connect(), which may take a while.

The main process will stall if you have a busy proxy and there's some
temporary shortage of something which makes connect() take longer than
usual, the main process will stall, potentially causing the shortage
to become worse.

2c,

Adrian
(With his (ex-, kinda) Squid hacker hat on.)