Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:30:44 -0400
From:      "Lester A. Mesa" <netadmin@primex.prontel.net>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problems creating a port

I have encouter several problems creating a port.

For the port to work i need to add a user and a group.  I did this by using
the following:
pre-configure:
        pw groupadd group; \
        pw useradd username  -d /home/username -m -g group -s /bin/sh -h fd

this will add my group and then my username, but if by any chance the
username or group are already the pw program will exit "pw: group name
`group' already exists".  So i put a -q to ingnore the error, it works fine
from the command line but when i try to run it from my Makefile i get the
following:

===>  Configuring for myport
pw groupadd group -q;  pw useradd username -d /home/username -m -g group -s
/bin/sh -h fd
*** Error code 65

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Any ideas on how can i ignore the pw group already exists error?

Also if i add the username/group by hand my make, will work fine without a
problem at all.  But when i do make install, it installs everything fine,
but also it will install some folders/files that never even came with the
package.

/home/username/etc/rc.d
/home/username/info
/home/username/lib/perl5
/home/username/libexec
/home/username/man/cat* man*
/home/username/sbin
/home/username/share/dict examples doc emacs examples misc nls skel

If  only do a make and i go inside the work/myprogram and i do a make
install-strip (as the README recommends) it will install everything fine,
but without the extra folders my port is installing.

is there anyways to avoid this folder/files from installing in a port?

Thank you all..