Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 19:31:24 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        d_f0rce@gmx.de
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Dangerously Dedicated" setting in 4.3-R install

d_f0rce@gmx.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed 4.3-R from ISO image some minutes ago and was
> wondering why the setup is no longer asking me if my slice
> should be a dedicated FreeBSD one.
>
> I tried "standard" and "expert" install mode but in none
> of them i was asked.
>
> Is there a special reason, why this option was removed?

Yeah it was dicided a while ago there were too many problems with it,
and a lot of newbies were getting burnt by the option... I personaly
thought it should stay, maybe more hidden, but still there... But some
new bios's wouldnt boot off them and stuff like that...

Besides it was a messy hack in the first place, and not really any
advantage given by it besides some neatness... I liked it, but I can
see why it was taken out :)