Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:50:53 +0200
From:      Mikael Batard <support@wanagain.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Digium b410p with i4b

On 12.07.2007 23:19, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi Mikael!

Hey Hans,

thanks for your fast answer :)

> Se comments below.

> I cannot see any ALERT message in the log only a CONNECT.
>
> The Ringing command should be first, before Answer !

It is

> And it should not connect the B-channel.

The ringing command ?

> This connect is too early. We should have seen an ALERT message.

So, this is the bug which causes the problem ?

> Now, this is strange: This is the response to the second STATUS enquiry. But
> why is is processed so late?

Maybe something with the pcm ?
I'm using the configuration of isdnconfig from the manpage, but I didn't
know if it's the right thing to do.

> The PBX had enough! I probably wants to terminate the dummy callreference, but
> instead it terminates another call! This can maybe be exploited.

Maybe because I've made another call just before this one, to reach a
missed one with the debug ?

> I4B follows up with a RELEASE_COMPLETE, though it is strictly not required,
> but does send it anyway. This is not a violation of the ISDN protocol, hence
> during a race when both ends wants to terminte at the same time, this can
> happen.

OK

> This is suspicious: Why does the PBX send a double RELEASE_COMPLETE. I see no
> reason for this.

Maybe the other call before this one ?

> This is also strange. Now the PBX wants to terminate the call again, but as
> you see, the TEI value is completely wrong. TEI 0 is the TEI value for
> Point2Point. Also the location value is wrong.

Yes, duno :(

> Can you tell us a little more about your setup. Is the HFC card connected to
> an ISDN PBX or directly to the ISDN telecom provider?

Of course.

So, i'm using asterisk 1.2.17, asterisk-addons 1.2.3, zaptel 1.4.1 (for
tdm400p card, with 2 fxo & 2 fxs) : all from ports
I'm using i4b and chan_capi from svn trunk, revision 516.
The HFC card is a b410p (quadbri) from digium and is connected to our
ISDN telecom provider.
There is another ISDN PBX (old alcatel one) connected (to our ISDN
telecom provider) in parallel to the asterisk one, which works fine (but
it's old and we're using a sip trunk with a voip provider, so we need to
use an asterisk one). All calls are handle normally by this old PBX.
We have seen that there were missed calls, because only the old PBX has
made ringing the phones when it happens.

> It looks to me like your PBX or Telco has a weak point in their code. I'm not
> sure if I want to make another workaround in I4B for this kind of things,
> hence I already have several workarounds for various PBX bugs. Let's hope it
> is just your PBX :-)

Hope too :)

Thanks.

Regards