Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 1997 13:59:23 +0100
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit:  src/share/mk bsd.doc.mk

John Fieber writes:
>On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Wolfram Schneider wrote:
>
>> I made a snapshot of the (Free-/4.4)BSD documentation in HTML, see
>> http://www.de.freebsd.org/~wosch/doc/
>
>Would you be interested in making this a normal part of the web
>pages?  If it is more or less a "make PRINTERDEVICE=html" it
>should be fairly trivial, although the cvs updates of the www
>build directory are a bit bizzare because there is stuff checked
>out from different places in the repository.

I don't think the 4.4BSD documentation should be mirrored on all our
FreeBSD WWW mirror sites. The total size of all ASCII + Postscript +
HTML files is ~15MB. The gzip'd ASCII and PS files (~10MB) may
distributed with FTP from ftp.freebsd.org. I read the log files and
there are only 56 hits from 10 different users (+you, Jordan, and me).

Wolfram