Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 20:36:50 -0400
From:      "Thomas Gresham" <greshamt@pilot.msu.edu>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Ethernet Driver?

Dear Technical Staff:

	I'm a fairly new user of FreeBSD and of Unix in general. The initial full
visual setup on the FreeBSD 4.0 CD-ROM was very easy to use. The only
problem is that when I viewed the Inactive Network devices, I didn't see the
any Winbond Ethernet Driver. Only eight or so devices were available to
choose from.
	My question is how do I download and install that particular driver. Is
configuring it as simple as editing the rc.conf? Any information would be
most helpful. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Thomas Gresham, MCSE, CCNA
EDS Systems Administrator